Quick post, which will be followed by a few battle reports.
For those who read this and don't know, the MACE Invitational is the tourney organized by the Gunbunny Press Gangers to give a chance for players across the southeast to test their skill against each other. The tourney includes the winners of a number of specific invitational tournaments across the southeastern US, as well as the winner of a Last Chance qualifier at MACE the night before.
The Raleigh area invitationals (my meta) have been steadily improving to larger numbers; we've been consistently breaking our own attendance records. For this invitational, we started off with a 19 person crew; several people dropped as the day progressed to get us to having about 10 left at the end, particularly because a number of people came up from Wilmington and had a 2 hour drive back.
So, I'll have several battle reports to post; they'll be hazy in places, because we went 5 rounds and it wore on me. The last couple of games were a bit of a blur, with most of my concentration going to try and stop sloppy play.
Final note: This was a single list tourney with specialists; 50 point armies with 10 to move in and out. As a result, I only played one list the entire day, which I'll mention here:
eGrissel
-Runebearer
-Mulg
-Axer
2x max Warders
max Champs
Krielstone max with UA
Fell Caller Hero
Chronicler
This is a direct netlist - I don't do this often, but I simply felt that Chad Shonkwiler of Muse on Minis has the best single list that I could take, lacking 4 units of Runeshapers (Runes of War). I had not won an Invitational slot, and I had gone to the first two MACE invitationals, so I didn't want to break the streak. So I went with Chad's list, having playtested it twice, and let the dice roll!
So, without further ado, here's the reports!
No comments:
Post a Comment