eGrissel, same list, one more time!
Opponents List:
eThagrosh
-2x Scythean
-Seraph
-Angelius
-Afflictor
-Raek
2x Shredder
2 Shepherds
2 Forsaken
I think that's the entire list, IIRC.
Scenario: Outflank
Terrain: Hill on my side, middle, linear obstacle on the far side of the left zone (just out of the zone on his side)
So, at this point, my brain was pretty shot. I haven't played that many multi-game days recently, so I was a little worn; I have to work myself up to that level of concentration. We almost got the PG to just let us Ship, Captain, Crew it, but no dice (ha ha!). Rather than go home and sleep, I was now playing against Legion.
My opponent had qualified for MACE some time back, so he was trying out different lists to fill out his 3rd slot, to accompany his Saeryn-Vayl combo. We rolled off, I think he won and elected to go second rather than first. I went through the same deployment (described it four times already!), and he faced off with Angelius and Scythean left with the Afflictor, Thags central with the Seraph, and Scythean-Raek right.
I just did the standard Dash-Dump-Run combo to get my stone loaded, keeping my Champs central to respond where needed. He ran up, using the Seraph to bounce Thags around a little on the way, and took good zone-threatening positions, trying to put his beasts in points in the zone where I had no good way to get to them easily.
I can't remember whether we jockeyed for one turn or two, but ultimately it came to me popping my feat with the two units of warders each occupying space in the two zonesand No Continuous on the Stone. Champs were central, Mulg just behind the right side Warders (which I spread better than the left) with Runebreaker up, while Grissel was on the left side with it up also.
He put up Manifest Destiny, popped his feat, and came in. He was going to use the Scytheans Take Down animus, but forgot Runebreaker until he was in range, so he just whaled on my Warders. Some hot dice took me down to 3 Warders on the left dead (seriously, he had multiple rolls where he had nothing less than 4 on dice. He didn't need Manifest Destiny!). The Angelius forced a Tough on another, while the Scythean on the right and the Raek went to work. Because of his positioning (and me playing less dumb on the right side), he could only get one Warder with the Scythean, while the Raek plinked a few. The Seraph came into the Warders and plinked some, too, but I only lost maybe 1 Warder on the right, leaving me in good shape. He just used his feat to dig further in, playing as aggressively as possible to see how much damage he could do. I don't think that's what he typically would have done, but he had little to lose in this game. Oh, and the right side Scythean Bloodbathed his own Shredder, which was kinda hilarious, one shotting it due to Manifest. I laughed a good bit at that.
I responded by seeing if I could remove 3 heavies in a turn, because it would amuse me. The Axer and Warders plinked some damage on the Raek, but his DEF was brutally hard to get through, so he was fine. Mulg took down the Scythean with ease, while Grissel put the other Scythean's ass on the ground with a knockdown shot. The two warders on that side plugged some damage, and the champs spread to come help out, finishing off the Seraph and other Scythean, leaving him on an Afflictor, Raek, and Angel. Oh, and a random Incubus from a dead Warder and Afflictor.
He went for an assassination run on Grissel, thinking if he killed Mulg that I had no transfer targets, so he took Thags into Mulg, but failed to kill (dice crapped out horribly - probably should've had it!). He also didn't realize the Axer was only on 2 Fury, not 3, so I had two targets, with the Axer unwounded. Mulg didn't die, though, and there wasn't enough firepower to take down Grissel, so Mulg ended it by slapping a no-transfer Thags repeatedly until he went down for a long nap.
After that, I was 5-0, and had managed to win myself a MACE Invitational qualifier spot!
No comments:
Post a Comment