My List:
Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels
Mulg
Axer
Runebearer
2x max Warders
max Champs
max Krielstone with UA
Fell Caller Hero
Stone Scribe Chronicler
Opponents List:
eKrueger
-Megalith
-Stalker
-Gorax
-Wilder
2x Stones, one with UA
2x Woldstalkers
Druid Wilder
3x Gallows Grove
I think this was roughly the list that my opponent ran; I may be a little off. There were a lot of small based models, so it blurred together a bit. It may have been 2x Gallows Groves, possibly.
Scenario: Close Quarters
I won the roll and deployed first - a huge help for this list. I put a unit of warders to the right, a unit of warders the left, Champs central left of Grissel, Mulg to the right of Grissel, the support staff right in behind.
His deployments a little hazy, but the two sets of stones were set right and left so that he could move his beasts around quickly. Megalith was centralish, Stalker to the left, Druids were central to center right from my view, and the Woldstalkers center through the right side. Gorax was trailing to support the Stalker.
I did the typical start for this list - Dash, Pathfinder where needed, and run. I sent my guys as far up the board as I could, since I knew Krueger's feat would really suck for me to deal with. I didn't put up the stone aura, though.
He moved everyone up, putting the Stalker in range for a double teleport to switch sides if need be, while the Woldstalkers moved to threaten the center pretty solidly. The Druids advanced up and smoked up the front, while Krueger got double ported into the front and feated to shove my guys back. He got most everyone - all but one Warder of the two units, and he missed the Axer and support staff, including my solos.
My turn was mostly more running. Put up Dash, topped off the stone, shot with Grissel's spray and put up Runebreaker, leaving me on one, and I popped feat - I wasn't sure if it was too early or not, and I still think it may have been, but I decided to take a chance. I ran everything as far up as I could to get it into his face, and to try to threaten the flag he'd be trying to dominate.
He tried to yank Grissel around a little with his Druids, staying just out of edge of Runebreaker, but missed needing 10's. After that, he just mostly rearranged my guys, tried to jam up the area with a lot of his guys, knocked off 1 Warder, and TKed stuff to get me out of contesting. One unit of Woldstalkers tried to make a nice wall between my Champs and Megalith.
Again, I repeated - Dash, but this time I used 2 shots, with one spray knocking off 2 Wolds and a Druid, while the AE 4 that stays in play knocked off a couple more stalkers, and I freed up a Champion charge to Megalith, leaving Grissel on 2. Warders went in and plinked some damage around, the Stone put up Strength, and the Champs charged Megalith and pooped their pants on the damage. At Dice-7, I did about 12 or so damage to Megalith total with 2 Champs landing the charge, leaving me about 8-9 short of average. I didn't expect to kill, I just wanted to maim him a bit and maybe get a lucky aspect out. I got 3-4 Warders all contesting the flag he was dominating though, at which point he decided to go for assassination. All told, I had removed most/all of the Druids, most of the Woldstalkers (all of one unit, part of the other), 2 Gallows Groves, and landed damage into Megalith. I also hit Krueger with a Warder, sending 15 damage to the Gorax.
He went for the classic double Teleport. He zapped Grissel once with Krueger, triggering a protective fit move that Mulg missed, then put up Megalith's animus to slow Mulg down, ending his turn on 1 Fury. He primaled a Stalker with the Gorax, double TPd, and started swinging needing 7's. He hit the first two, but I avoided transferring - leaving me at 1 HP exactly - and Mulg got in on the second hit, laying hard into him for about 13 damage. No aspects, though. He missed one or two more, hit again that got transferred, and Mulg missed. However, he ended with Grissel alive on 1 transfer and nothing else to do, and conceded shortly thereafter.
No comments:
Post a Comment