My List:
Chad Shonkwiler's eGrissel Meat Mountain (see intro to GA tourney post)
Opponents List:
Lord Arcanist Ossyan
* Banshee
Houseguard Halberdiers (Leader and 9 Grunts)
* Houseguard Halberdiers Officer & Standard
Houseguard Riflemen (Leader and 9 Grunts)
* Houseguard Riflemen Officer & Standard
Arcantrik Force Generator
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Stormfall Archers (Leader and 3 Grunts)
Stormfall Archers (Leader and 3 Grunts)
Arcanist
Houseguard Thane
Scenario: Close Quarters
Terrain:
Linear Obstacle a few inches closer to me than my flag and more central, water to the right of my flag, forest to partially on his flag, hill several inches closer to him than my flag.
Terrain only mildly came into play in this matchup, outside of some slight positioning issues.
I won the roll and deployed first. Grissel went mostly central, setting up to get behind the wall. One unit of Warders went far left, one unit far right, Mulg to the right of Grissel, Champs just left between her and the Warders. Krielstone and support behind, Axer where he could Rush Mulg handily.
He deployed the Halbs front line, AFG close to his flag, Ossyan next to AFG, Rifleman right behind the Halbs and Stormfall in the back. Banshee went far right with Arcanist and Thane, while A&H were with Ossyan.
I assumed standard Grissel turn 1, Runebearer on Grissel, Dash and drop 5 into the stone. Charged Grissel up to get her behind the wall, everything else ran up. 2 Warders were badly placed and ended up out of Dash, so they became the second line of Warders on the left. Everything else was fine and ran, Mulg got into a position to threaten the Banshee if he played it too aggressively. The right side Warders got Pathfindered and went towards the water, and I passed.
I got a brief scare as he contemplated a 11 man on Grissel, although I think the ranges were a little funky, but he decided not to, as even if everyone was in it a spiked dice roll would hurt, but he had no way to finish, with Grissel at DEF 19 behind a wall so the Stormfalls needed boxcars to hit and Ossyan out of range. He move up the Halbs in a long line after Desperate Pace, Riflemen behind, Stormfalls in back, and the Banshee moved up a bit to threaten my right flank.
This was a pretty obvious feat turn, so Grissel dashed, shot the AE 4 at the other guy (it was short and deviated back just a hair, so it was pretty useless), put up Inhospitable, and parked on 2, still behind the wall but in range of dominating my flag on my next turn, and feated. Everything else ran up and jammed; I went out of order on activations slightly and messed up my right flank Warders, but all else was fine. 2 Champs could get all the way into his face on a run, the other 3 hanging back. The Warders were all a little short of engaging, but under feat they could Hyper Aggressive in. Stone went up, had most everyone except the 2 Champs, and no Continuous. I shouldn't have Inhospitable Grounded; it simply didn't matter.
He similarly popped his feat in response, shooting a Champ with Ossyan and laying out several. The Halbs activated, plopped some damage down and triggered Battle Drive on one side, and took chunks out of my two front Champs. All told, after all the shooting, I had 2 Champs left, and was missing chunks out of most of my right side Warders (I think 1 died, maybe). The Banshee was up and threatening, but not in range of Mulg. My left side Warders were unharmed; he was intentionally ignoring them to avoid letting them in. So, I weathered Ossyan's feat turn better than expected, thankfully.
The next turn was simply attrition grind; the Warders and Champs worked on the Halbs, clearing most of them (down to 4 I think?) and jammed into the AFG with a run. Banshee took a few damage, while Mulg set up for an angle to get to the Banshee if he got it in. Grissel dominated to start getting CPs.
From here on out it was mostly just beating each other along; he took out some Warders and finished the Champs, and I think he worked out the Krielstone this turn also. It either died this turn or next. The Halbs plinked where they could, but lacked the numbers to do much. He couldn't contest, so 2-0 me.
Mulg got to the Banshee, but missed 3 or 4 of 6 attacks needing 5's. Nice, Mulg. Really nice. The Warders with a Chronicler Buff finished him off, though, while the rest of my Warders on the left side spread, one of the cracking Ossyan across the head and the rest engaging his shooters. 3-0 me.
He shot the Axer off the board this turn with some very nice dice, but not much else he could do; I think he damaged Grissel slightly with a shot, triggering a protective fit move from Mulg, also, but no real damage was done. Still couldn't contest, 4-0 me, so I just cleared a few things for AP and won 5-0. Additionally, he had less than 10 seconds left on the clock when he passed turn, to my 20something, so the game was nearly finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment